View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #3280
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Kylington should be getting some consistent bottom line minutes going into next season.
When Kylington was drafted the talk was about the elite skating ability. Actually that was said about Hanifin as well.

I don't understand why this extremely valuable trait is not being maximized in a CGY lineup where speed isn't the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about them.

Not only do you put it (guys who can really skate) the lineup but you have to encourage it's use and live with some of the cons that come with it.

CGY needs to find a way to back teams off - get some easy controlled entries. To get teams to gameplan against that speed and then take advantage of how they need to defend against CGY.

Give the green light to these guys! Have them jump up constantly to lead the rush or give the rush that dangerous speed element. Just look at the talents your roster has and optimize/maximize those talents.

I don't want to see any more coaches who foist a style of play on a team and demands the team fit to it (Gulutzan) instead of tailoring a style of play based on what you got.

I like Ward but we haven't seen his vision or style of play - he just adjusted to mid season change then tweaked things for playoffs. I DO NOT want to see some defensive style that is all about packing it in - don't try and emulate DAL.

Push the pace.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Lebowski For This Useful Post: