View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #3029
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Just beat Horizon Zero Dawn. I realised as I age I’m getting worse at video games. This was really difficult even on easy level. I only managed to get through the final battle after remembering I still had some crafting resources in reward boxes.

I have mixed feelings overall. I haven’t been this engaged with a game in some time and the premise is just brilliant. The visuals and writing were top notch but the gameplay got repetitive and the open world set up felt aged. I wish they learned more heavily into the RPG elements, building characters and providing more choices, and less into the open world tropes. For example I found the bunker explorations very boring. It seemed like these were just included because it was an open world game and open world games are supposed to have cave explorations.

I compare this a bit to Spider-Man as another game with great visuals and story let down by an aged open world. Both are great first entries to a series though and I look forward to seeing improvements in the sequels.
I haven't played Horizon yet but I have heard that it's not an easy game and is quite challenging even on the easy level so it might not be an accurate indicator of your video game skills deteriorating. lol I really struggled with God of War and Doom 2016 on easy and apparently according to the internet they are easy games to beat. [emoji848]

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote