View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 07:05 PM   #219
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
The stylized letters especially, but also the silly "ninja" moves being portrayed by the guys pictured. It's kind of like saying in a really bad accent "Hey look at me I so Japanese-ee".
The font is offensive? The font? It’s not even Japanese looking.

And it is nothing at all like offensive Japanese caricatures. I find it more ignorant and offensive that anyone would compare the two. It shows a complete lack of cultural awareness.

Quote:
People have portrayed "ninjas" in a very Hollywood manner with the black costume and red bandana and sword for a long time. But it's just that, a costume we took from another culture to portray it in a way we're comfortable with and get a chuckle from, not in a way that honors the reality of it. And so it's disrespectful. That's cultural appropriation by definition.
Which they didn’t do, at all. Not even close. How is this even relevant to the discussion? They’re wearing suits. Like realtors do.

Also, the article fails to mention how many people got offended. It could literally be like 5 angry Karens. Like Bill Burr talked about last night.

Did you know the LOTR Two Towers movie was the subject of controversy because of the connotation linking it to 9/11? Thank god it was released pre-Twitter or they’d have been forced to change the name thanks to a few angry people on Twitter.

The new Birth of a Nation ladies and gentlemen. We shouldn’t be teaching that movie in universities anymore. Here is your new movie that gave rise to hatred and racism in America:

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 10-11-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote