View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 06:06 PM   #208
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Yeah. Wolves should have beat them last week, despite only playing 45 minutes. Just missed easy chances.
Speaking of my Wolves, good golly. All the top teams should have lost this week... except Spurs. They just... did the Spurs thing.
This wasn’t Spursy though. We just plain got shafted.

A) the free kick shouldn’t have been awarded to them to begin with, and I have no idea how it was.

B) Dier actually jumps up and keeps his arms down, until he’s pushed by Newcastle #6...which should be a foul to us.

C) The ball gets headed into his arm from about a foot and half behind him. The rule clearly says that if the defender doesn’t see this, it’s not a handball.

D) I also think Carroll is offside. I know they reviewed that, but how is he not offside compared to the other offside garbage we’ve seen?

So, no, Spurs didn’t blow this. This was utter incompetence and stupidity from the officials and people tinkering with the rules. We had a penalty against us last week, which was just as absurd, only we were ahead by 4 at that point. And of course that doesn’t get into the couple of other handballs in the Newcastle box that weren’t reviewed.

ETA: sorry for the rant here. I’m pretty bitter about this and what looks like 35 more games of this ridiculousness.

Last edited by Slava; 09-27-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote