View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #8114
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
I went 2 years back because that was when Hoffman joined the Panthers. I didn't even think about Halls MVP season to be honest. It's hilarious that you accuse me of cherry picking, but then you give career numbers ignoring that Hall was an NHL regular 4 seasons before Hoffman.

But let's go back further and eliminate "cherry picking". Let's go back to Hoffman's first full season (2014-15) as an NHL regular. Hoffman has 353 points in that time, Hall has 338.

And yes, I am well aware that Hall has a much better point per game ration, but until players start scoring points from IR, games missed to injury need to be seen as a negative and as much as I like Hall, the dude can't stay healthy. Since the start of 2014-15, Hoffman has missed 15 games, Hall has missed almost 100 games, 96 to be exact.
I think you will have a hard time convincing many people that Hoffman is better than Hall. I doubt any NHL GM feels that way

Much better points per game/MVP kinda seals it. Also, -49 over three seasons seems really bad even for a guy on a bad team