View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 12:19 PM   #285
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
On the contrary, I've said on many occasions in this thread that I view the Republican actions as hypocritical and cynical. The difference it seems is that I'm also willing to acknowledge that the Democrats did exactly the same thing. The only difference is that the Republicans had the power to do things, and the Democrats did not.

My refusal to ignore hypocrisy wherever it exists seems to indicate I do not view this as a team sport in any fashion. I have my opinions on policy, but I'm willing to be honest about what I see. That seems like a pretty rare thing around here. People are either happy to live in self-delusion or they are so partisan they don't care about their own side's nonsense.
I think that the issue is you don't understand the purpose of the senate. The Republicans have utilized the senate in an effort to weaponize the courts for a generation. Through their refusal of due process for a democratic president they have created a precident that within a few short years they have ignored in order to fill the courts with underqualified idealogues. If they had gone ahead with the Obama Garland nomination I would agree but they didn't, and they actively blocked it.

Now you are quick to play the both sides game but it sounds ridiculous. Because it is merely one side asking for the same rules and the other being intransigent at best and dictatorial at worst.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post: