View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 02:59 AM   #264
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
Bolevi, I can only assume that you are intentionally ignorant to the blatant hypocrisy of the Republican Party and how their actuons four years ago shaped this debate. The Court is political, but until now the process of filling vacancies and refusing to confirm a justice hasn't been. I understand that you view this as a team sport with winners and losers, but make no mistake this goes against the fairness that is required to make an effective government operate.

I will admit that I fall under the more liberal side of the spectrum in the states, but that is only because I can read and see the injustices that are ongoing.
On the contrary, I've said on many occasions in this thread that I view the Republican actions as hypocritical and cynical. The difference it seems is that I'm also willing to acknowledge that the Democrats did exactly the same thing. The only difference is that the Republicans had the power to do things, and the Democrats did not.

My refusal to ignore hypocrisy wherever it exists seems to indicate I do not view this as a team sport in any fashion. I have my opinions on policy, but I'm willing to be honest about what I see. That seems like a pretty rare thing around here. People are either happy to live in self-delusion or they are so partisan they don't care about their own side's nonsense.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote