View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 09:01 AM   #67
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Also, I am sure that the 140kmh mark was used with radar based cruise. So if a car pulled out 500m ahead going 110, the car would slow down to 110 and be a safe distance behind.

As Zamler said, there are some assumptions, some "alleged" things in the story, and some intentional or unintentional sensationalism in the article. The guy shouldn't not have his eyes in the road, set the cruise to 140kmh, but as also mentioned, the car would handle most situations more then one would think.

And odd that going 140km on the QE2 is not phone call worthy considering 30% of cars do that.

Cadillac and their SuperCruise driving system requires eyes on the road by having cameras looking at the drivers face. Don't think hand has to be on the wheel. Though the tinfoil hat brigade won't like the cameras.
Speed limits have raised in decades, while car performance has increased substantially. For my first car to get to highway speed it was a chore. My vehicle today though easily cruises at 125km/hr. I don't think it would be taxing the vehicle at all to drive along at 150km/hr.

I'm not saying that from a safety point of view people should rip along, but vehicles today are also significantly safer than they were years ago.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote