View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 05:27 PM   #242
N26
Scoring Winger

Exp:

MY COLUMBUS TRADE

to Columbus - Johnny Gaudreau, Mark Jankowski rights & Buddy Robinson rights

to Cgy - Alexander Wennberg, Josh Anderson, Kevin Stenlund, Emil Bemström, Dean Kukan

This is one of the dreaded quantity-for-quality trades but I think it is defensible. For at least two reasons and perhaps as many as five.

1. It brings in enough NHL-level players to change the nature of the team.
2. It involves three players with top-6 potential (Anderson, Wennberg, Bemström).
3. It increases our Swedish content which really appeals to me right now.
4. Creates cap space to chase free agents
5. Lots of possible centres (Monahan, Backlund, Wennberg, Bennett, Ryan, Lindholm, Bemström) plus at the prospect level (Gawdin, Pelletier, Ruzicka, Zavogrodniy, Philp, Emilio-Pettersen) creating flexibility for trades.

Calgary lineup

Tkachuk-Monahan-Lindholm
Mangiapane-Backlund-Wennberg
Dubé-Bennett-Anderson
Lucic-Ryan-Stenlund
Bemström-Rieder

Giordano-Xxxxxxx
Hanifin-Andersson
Välimäki-Kukan
Kylington

Rittich
XXXXXX

That’s $8.0 million under the cap with two spaces to fill and trade and free agent flexibility.

The weakness of this trade could be the expansion draft protection list. Only Bemström doesn’t need protection. However I am looking to make a big change in the team and its culture so there is a lot to happen before I make my protected list. Tkachuk, Lindholm and Andersson are the only ones not in play for me.

For Columbus

They get an offensive player that can add to their below average production. Jankowski is a one year flyer they take and Robinson not only follows his friend but unites with his brother Eric.

Gaudreau-Dubois-Atkinson
Texier-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Nyquist-Grigorenko-Foudy
Jenner-Jankowski-Nash
ERobinson-BRobinson

Werenski-Jones
Gavrikov-Savard
Murray-Nultivaara
Harrington

Korpisalo
Merzlikins

Under the cap by almost $2milliion and ready to build on the last season

Expansion List

Forwards - Gaudreau, Dubois, Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, Foligno, Jenner plus 1 of Jankowski, Grigorenko or Nyquist
Defense - Werenski, Jones, and 1 of the remaining 5 or Peeke
Goal- either/or, whomever seems better
N26 is offline   Reply With Quote