View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #488
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I was about 18 years old living in Winnipeg, and I saw a guy driving an old Lotus Elan in December with the top down, windows up, wearing a toque and scarf.

It was probably the most bad-ass, "give no f--ks" thing I had ever seen at that age. "Can't winter drive a convertible? We'll see, Margaret. We'll see."
This happened to a friend of mine. Got delivery of his F430 in March. In Saskatchewan. Went cruising around the city top down. Soon enough call comes into radio station “who’s the moron driving around all day in his Ferrari with the top down?”

Well my friend was listening and called up to tell him he was too excited to wait and had to take it out for a spin.

He also got caught in a snowstorm driving back to Sask from BC in September one year. Can’t remember if that was the Ferrari or 570s.

He finally bought a car that isn’t a convertible and then some lady crashed into him (her fault) like 6 months later. Bye bye mint condition McLarsn 720s! I think it’s still in Vancouver getting fixed.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 09-16-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote