View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #1025
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's pretty crazy that with a minute left in the series they had the ball with a chance to tie or win. They had played maybe 6 good quarters all series, yet they had a chance for one of the great thefts in playoff history. I don't even know how much credit you can really give Boston for how bad they were most of the series, it was mostly down to poor execution and poor shooting. Mostly disappointing because Miami should have been pretty easy to beat, so feels like a blown opportunity. Not that it matters because the winner of the LA Derby is gonna be the champ because the East sucks, but you still can't win the lottery without a ticket.

As for Siakam, obviously very disappointing, he didn't even need to be appreciably better than the crap he was and they win it. I don't think they should have benched him because even with him being crap offensively he was still a very good defender. But they maybe should have given Boucher a few minutes to see if he could give them any kind of spark offensively. Feel for Lowry because even though he didn't have it last night, he still put it all out there. I think even he knows that's probably it for this window to win.

Fun offseason ahead. It's basically back to the DeMar years with a great team that is lacking the superstar. Another puzzle to solve for Masai and Co.