View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 07:39 AM   #1044
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
That is likely part of the problem, but I'd lean more towards the incredible ease by which one can GET a license in the first place. I'd love to see much more, much involved, and multi-part driver training. I've long felt that the barest minimum should be two week long mandatory courses...one in summer/spring and one in the dead of winter. We're way, way too easy on giving out licenses in the first place.

I'd also like to see mandatory re-testing...every 10 years or so. Fail, and you need to attend a refresher course. Fail the refresher course, and you get a second try. Fail it again (3 strikes), and you are explaining to a traffic court judge why you should be allowed to keep your license.
While we're at it, there should be more stringent regulation around *who* can give out a license.

Ever since the privatization of registries in the 90s (thanks Ralph), there is much more lax enforcement around this process. We all know a guy or gal that couldn't pass a road test in the city (too many stop signs!) after a few tries, so mommy or daddy drove them out to Asscrack, Alberta to take a road test where the largest intersection has a rail crossing. Testing should be restricted to 5 km from your place of residence. I'm unsure how this would work without a fixed address but i would hope there would be provisioning for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post: