View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:00 AM   #1031
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
You can read between the lines from Holland's comments.

He said he spoke with McDavid just hours after the game. He made no comments about how McDavid felt, but he did say some of the players were still emotional because the exit interviews were same day not next day. Then he said he would be talking with McDavid again in a few days when he isn't as emotional.

All that, and the way Holland presented it, seemed very much to me like McDavid was not at all a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I have no doubt in my mind that when the Oilers won the draft, McDavid's camp told the oilers they better get serious or he won't report. They went out and hired Chiarelli to appease the McSavior.

After a few miserable seasons, Bobby Orr probably phones Katz and goes Connor wants a new GM. Lo and behold, Holland and his $5MM AAV show up.

If Connor is still not happy, maybe he phones Katz and wants a trade instead of a new GM this time.
If - and this is pure speculation - Mcaivi did demand a trade in his exit interview.
That would actually explain Spector suddenly releasing a somewhat critical piece on the Oilers captains lack of leadership. An article that though similarly critical of Raisaitl specifically also mentions a great back check. No such praise for Connor.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...vid-draisaitl/

We all know Edmonton media are directed to do hatchet jobs on departing players.

Last edited by Yrebmi; 08-12-2020 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong author.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yrebmi For This Useful Post: