View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 04:26 PM   #224
FLAME ENVY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Top Gears 45 minute YouTube video with Gordon Murray walking you through the process of the new car was amazing.

Everything is bespoke. Even had aircraft switch makers develop all the switches so the haptics and feel were premium yet minimalistic. The steering is still manual but assisted under 10 mph for parking. The engine he wanted to rev to 12k rpm! Insane.

The entire fan system is fascinating as it adds a crazy amount of downforce from under the car.

The way the rear opens up and the doors is amazing.

I like that he gave massive props to Pagani but pooped all over Ferrari. Called most modern supercars and their wings and ducts 80 marketing gimmick with little to no real world practical use. And strived to prove it with this car.

I honestly cannot wait for the day I get to watch Chris Harris rag this thing out on a road and track.

Cannot belive only half of the 100 production run has sold only.

But at 2.36m pounds, thats asking a lot.

Gordon Murray IMO has done it again. Making the best GT car. Doubt it will break speed records this time though, or keep any records for 15 years like the F1 did. What a mind.

Also love the fact he just Saunters in to an interview in a Hawaiian shirt and a magnum P.I mustache.

Yeah I develop the best cars, let's smoke a J and drink some.brandy about it.
Gordon Murray is genius, love his personality and overall automotive philosophy. Many do not know that when designing the F1, he used the NA1 Acura NSX as a benchmark in terms of build quality and refinement, he's a big original NSX fan.

I have to digress on the Chris Harris part, he is an overrated hack IMO. Can't stand him.
FLAME ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote