View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 10:24 PM   #615
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Alright, CP... I need your help. I just started dating a girl who is, to put it mildly, out of my league. She wants to go for a hike on Sunday, but hasn't decided where to go (and it's not all that clear to me that she has any better knowledge of regional hiking trails than I do, which is to say, I have google).

I want to suggest a nice, scenic trail that has some spots where we could stop and take in the view, won't take all day, and nothing excessively strenuous, because I'm not necessarily in trail running shape (to put it mildly again) and would rather not look like I'm being roasted over a pit.

My future happiness is in your hands. Where would you all suggest we go?

I think you could do Jumpingpound Ridge. It's a short hour uphill to a big open meadow with surprising views and enough space to get lost for a bit away from people. It's a relatively short drive, an hour and ten minutes from Calgary but the last 15 minutes is on a rougher gravel road. So don't take a car you would be worried about going over bumps or getting dusty. Girls hate it when boys are whiny about their cars. Also if you walk down the ridge towards the north there's a pretty little tarn to top off the view.

If you want to do something a bit more chill I'd go to the Bird of Prey Sanctuary in Coaldale and do the hawk walk. That looks cool. It's not really a hike so gets you off the hook and another week to get in shape for the hike that will eventually happen. And you'll look like a hero for caring about wildlife,

But if you want the coup de grasse, the hail mary with the guaranteed immaculate reception, the slam dunk, book Sunday dinner at Engadine Lodge. From there, hike to Tryst Lake. It's a really short hike up to a lake named for its accommodation of secret lovers getting away from the world. If the dining room is full Sunday, plan on getting back from the hike at 3pm for tea and cookies. Or just book a room for the night. Your deal will be sealed.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote