Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #1017
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
Wasn't the weak coverage issues in building prior to them upgrading the network to LTE? which was years ago. also, they show coverage in Canmore/Banff.

Curious if this is still an ongoing problem or based on old info, I've been with freedom for 7+ years now but I don't go into institutional spaces. I know I went to Golden on a ski trip a couple of years ago and it worked just fine. The only issue then was jumping off the freedom home network and paying for roaming which wasn't much. But with Shaw, it would all be part of their nationwide area.
Old phone maybe? Their LTE service on band 13 is good almost everywhere I've been in the city. Mind you, need on of their phones tho to get that level of service.

And the other part of this, you have 2GB on Robellus network anyways with the Shaw Mobile's unlimited plan. Unless your house is completely off Freedom net, you have no wifi internet at home, it'd be really difficult to use up 2GB roaming while just driving around or hiking/camping in Banff/Canmore.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote