View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #1610
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I can't believe I have to keep repeating this, but politicians should be held accountable for the things they say regardless of if they play for your team or not.

This thread has gone full MSNBC with the way posters will jump down the throats of anyone who has something remotely negative to say about Biden.
You're being incredibly thick. Nowhere did I imply he should not be held accountable. I am saying -- given the current situation -- that should be the least of anyone's worries at the present time because fixing it will mean bugger all if the orange menace remains in office.

I am the first to suggest that you can indeed tackle more than one issue at a time. I am also aware that things have priorities and prerequisites, which was the point of my house-on-fire metaphor that you clearly missed. The thing you are complaining about does not matter one iota if Biden loses the election and Trump stays in; the house has burnt down. Putting your energy into that thing right now is a waste when winning the election is also a prerequisite for it bloody mattering at all. Win the election. Put out the fire.

This is what people mean when they say things like 'the left is eating itself'. You have a shot at ousting the worst President in US history and have a solid chance at repairing the country, and now is the time we need to start pissing and moaning about how one might interpret what he said? dino7c is likely correct in his assessment of the intent of Biden's statement. Just ask yourself if you think Biden is supportive of having unmarked officers randomly kidnap citizens. I think we all know the answer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: