View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 10:27 PM   #278
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't think that you can plan around beating the Chinese for example with a defensive strategy. Their whole game plan is based around throwing the kitchen sink at you combined arms wise, hit you with air artillery, direct fire, infantry. Try to over whelm your defenses, force a breach and send a maneuver group through the breech and cause havoc in your rear.

I would think the only way to really successfully fight the Chinese is to find a way to break up their attack before it forms, go after their logistics and force them to react to you.

So yeah a light tank would be interesting especially in rough terrain. I'm just not sure of the suitability of a tank like the Sprut which while having a decent gun and great speed, is pretty rudimentary in terms of defending itself in a modern battlefield.

I remember when I was in the T-72 was considered to be one of the great tanks at the time, but it was a true reflection of the sometimes weird over thinking that Soviet designers were sometimes guilty of.

The auto loader could be described as fussy. They had their ammo carousal for the auto loader ringing around the turret, so on a side shot you'd get that spectacular turret launched a 100 feet in the air.

Just like with thier personal carriers when they put the fuel tanks in the rear access doors where the troops had to bail out.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote