View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 06:20 PM   #11
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camronius View Post
Watched all 3, cool little project. There was enough story there to keep me engaged, curious where the story arcs from here.

Don't feel like your obligated to answer, however, these smaller projects often find success with a little back story from the owners/producers which helps the viewers buy-in even more. What's your role in the mini-series? What's the background and motivation of the project? What goals would you like to achieve with it? Anything else you want to add?

sidenote: You're probably already aware, but it's best to make your youtube "viewable" content longer than 10 mins. Viewable meaning all content minus intro's/credits. Youtube's algorithm is more likely to promote videos where users are engaged 10 mins or longer... also it opens the door for monetization on youtube with ads etc. Anyways, thought I'd share.
Appreciate the comments. I did indeed have a little pre-amble posted originally, but once they started to come out I figure best to just post them.

I'm the writer/director/editor (also play the coach). We shot it in Calgary in 2018 as a single pilot episode and have been trying to get it sold as a project. With covid I decided to release the full thing as 3 parts (that's why they are the length they are, it was originally one whole piece). All the cast is from Calgary. It's based on my experiences coaching minor hockey in Calgary, which I did for 6 years in my 20s. The cast is all from Calgary and the crew was just a small group of recently graduated film students.

Trying to get it off the ground as a streaming series, there are some higher up people watching it that are going to help push that side of it, as they are happy with the quality of it, particularly with the minimal budget. But I was hoping to get a bit of a CP boost going to punch up the views, as a Canadian hockey series is a bit of a tough sell, as it seems so cliche, and also there's a prevailing idea that the audience is small, which I obviously disagree with. But for now, this is all there is.