View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 06:14 AM   #3798
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Watching video, she says

"The next person that says to me 'all lives matter' I'm gonna stab you, then show you my paper cut and say 'my cut matters too!'"

Obviously a joke demonstrating the idiocy of the All Lives Matter movement.

No reasonable person would take that as a threat. Mind you, you aren't dealing with reasonable people here, but still there was no actual threat.

This wasn't stupidity on her part, this is either (a) the company not wanting to have an employee who supports BLM, or (b) the employee lost their job due to the travel ban and couldn't actually get to the UK to work and are trying to politicize this to get their job (which they can't get to) back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I just saw this but I tend to agree with her. It is obviously taking a statement completely out of context and in a very intentional manner. I don't know if someone can watch that video and actually think that she will literally stab anyone who says all lives matter.
LOL come on fellas. It was a stupid thing to put out on social media and it's no different than any other person that has lost their jobs for saying dumb things on social media that may not represent the values of the company. We have got to the point where context no longer matters regardless and you can't pick and choose what dumb jokes are acceptable and what's not. Be dumb on social media and you can lose your job end of story.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-02-2020 at 06:17 AM.