View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 09:16 PM   #2221
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
That was a great move by Royce, Riot sold the hell out it too.

AEW was okay tonight. They really need to work on their spot management in tag team matches though.

Again tonight they had moments in the tag matches where people are waiting for a spot and makes the whole thing look awkward and just poorly planned.

Yeah, they had good moments in AEW. But a couple of things that I really noticed.

Tony Schivanie needs to go, Jericho spent the whole night feeding him lines and opportunity and Tony wouldn't do anything with it.

Shida vs Penelope was just weird. You talked about it, but there were moments when Penelope went for that spring board stunner thing and Shida just stood there staring at her like a big idiot. The spot with Shida and Sabin with the Kendo stick just looked so fracking stupid and phony. I was surprised that Ford's been around for 6 years, because she wrestles with a lot of uncertainty and hesitation. Shida is one of the rare Japanese woman who's striking and kicking offense looks soft and with zero impact.

Cody defeats Hager - I liked this match from an execution standpoint. But the problem is that Hager is just lacking any kind of charisma and Cody is so vanilla white bread in the ring. But they had several really good sequences. Also and maybe its me, but when you have a group of your wrestlers or employers in the audience chanting "This is awful". Its just as bad as having the clap and boo light up signs that WCW used on Saturday night. And they tried to do the this is awesome chant during every match.

They're starting to tease the breakup of Omega and Hangman. But the pull apart afterwords with FTR over the poured out beer seemed to be silly and stupid. I don't know what they're doing with FTR booking wise, but honestly they're no better then they were in WWE.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote