View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 02:35 PM   #623
BigErnSalute_16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
For me, part of it is also gaining assets from Hanifin while not losing the better defender for nothing.

I think Brodie is better than Hanifin today, and likely will be for the next 2 to 3 season in my opinion. In no way do I dislike Hanifin though, I am tired of seeing this team manage reactively rather than proactively.

We ended up giving up the 12th overall (2018), 43rd overall (2018), and 57th overall (2019) for Travis Hamonic - I'd be looking for that type of return. So when we traded that 12th overall pick, we didn't know it was a 12th overall - but I'd do it for a 12th overall in this year's draft + 2nd round picks.

If things were to end today with no return to play, these are the teams in the range I'd look at:

New Jersey - 10th
Minnesota - 11th
Winnipeg - 12th
New York - 13th
Florida - 14th
Columbus - 15th

I'd argue most of those teams would have interest for those picks.

I don't know if Brodie is all that much better than Hanifin right now, I think most of his value comes in how effectively he can play with Giordano.

But that being said, why trade Hanifin for picks now when we don't need to? He still has multiple years on his contract and the guy everyone is slotting in to replace him hasn't played in over a year and only has 24 NHL games on his resume.

Let Hanifin Andersson see what they can do with an increased role next season while at the same time seeing what Valimaki can do then reevaluate your options next offseason.

one of my biggest nightmares for the flames is watching them trade Hanifin for a couple of picks or a 50-60 point forward before we know what he can do and having him blossom into a 50-60 point top par defensmen when given the opportunity.

If we aren't trading him for a for sure upgrade on forward (which max Domi definitely isn't) then there is no need to rush him out the door right now.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BigErnSalute_16 For This Useful Post: