View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 06:19 PM   #2825
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Who are you using as a cabinet maker? I'm going to put a small kitchen in our basement and was looking around for cabinets, there's Ikea and a few other options when it comes to ready-to-assemble types but might be worth getting an estimate for something more custom (though to be honest the normal sizes end up being fine for what I've laid out).

Somebody many kilometres away! Scoopy posted about a cabinet maker further up. (2812) .

In any case, Merillat owns KraftMaid, and I chose Merillat because they have the blue color I wanted and they also have a good selection of sizes or whatever you call it.

Down here KraftMaid is sold at Lowe’s and Home Depot. It’s also sold by some designers. However, Merillat has a line called Masterpiece that is (supposedly) better quality.

I was getting so fed up with the whole process that I almost went with Lowe’s. I asked the designer (just casually) how much space is needed behind a dishwasher. She asked me how it was going to be plumbed. I kinda
thought that might be her department but okay. I said assuming the lines are run from the sink which is how my present dishwasher is plumbed. She asked again, how is it going to be plumbed. And I said, I don’t know. In the layout I’m hoping for I’ll only have about 3” behind the dishwasher to play with. Is that enough room to run hoses like I have now. She slammed her hands down and shook her head.

Then I went to a locally owned shop and ended up with the owner designing my kitchen. We’ll then use the cabinet guy to fabricate what stock Merillat can’t.

I should have gone to the local people to begin with, but I always think they’ll be more expensive. They’re not. And the service is so much better.

Perhaps you meant to ask Scoopy, pho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by missdpuck; 06-29-2020 at 06:38 PM.
missdpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missdpuck For This Useful Post: