View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 09:44 PM   #113
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec260 View Post
Yup, totally agree on smaller priced item. But when you are selling larger ticket items like cars, campers, etc. taking 30-40% off the asking price without seeing it grinds my gear by shooting an offer. If it's close enough, then I will entertain the offer, but low ballers irks me. I don't know if it's me, but I appreciate people who message me with proper sentences, grammar, and asking clear questions, rather than quick non-sense abbreviations that I have to decipher what the other party is trying to say.
I get pretty miffed at the goofs who shoot you a number, no preamble, no questions, just a lowball number. The last car I sold I called the guy out, I straight up accepted his offer, then he went silent. I don't know who taught this younger generation how to buy and sell but they really are a socially inept group. A handshake used to be a deal, if you said you were taking something you took it, no second round of negots unless of course the item was misrepresented. For all the benefits of free advertising you really have a lot a chaff to deal with.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote