View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 11:38 PM   #1485
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
I've been too depressed. I saw the initial outbreak and how it affected unaware countries doing nothing at the time. I heard about Sweden I guess. It would appear I'm a little ignorant on this. I've been doing everything I can to avoid the news and fb, pretty much laying low and drinking lots, I'm a pretty bitter guy right now. Some of the name calling from earlier hit home, maybe I am a man baby.

I realize there was need for action but I'm just surprised at how drastic it was. It's not like every country is going to handle it the same or can handle it the same. Just sucks that so many are getting screwed. Just wondering if it had to be that way.
I get it, and I sympathize.

I suppose the primary element to me was the virulency. Survived on surfaces, extremely contagious, etc.

Doing even a little bit less could have meant a significantly higher degree of harm, couple that with 'give an inch and they'll take a mile' and taking anything less than a hard-line stance could have been disastrous and then the whole thing spirals out of control.

Everyone knows that I'm pre-disposed to being an irrepressible ray of Sunshine, an iconic beacon of unquenchable optimism!

But for once...I think we got it right.

Now...I've been working for many months straight, through an Apocalypse, survived the murder hornets, avoided tornadoes and meatbag Armageddon and we have nowhere to go and nothing to do...lets get those sticks on the ice!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg