View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #1481
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I don't mean any offence and I truly do hate seeing people personally affected by job loss in this, but have you followed the news on this virus at all?

I would recommend doing some reading on what worked and didn't work in various countries and how the "flattening the curve" strategy came to be widely accepted and implemented and likely saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

The initial shutdown was all about flattening the curve, but you can't just flatten the curve indefinitely so once hospitals are not overwhelmed you then have to start opening up the economy with readiness to pull back a bit if the curve needs flattening again.
I've been too depressed. I saw the initial outbreak and how it affected unaware countries doing nothing at the time. I heard about Sweden I guess. It would appear I'm a little ignorant on this. I've been doing everything I can to avoid the news and fb, pretty much laying low and drinking lots, I'm a pretty bitter guy right now. Some of the name calling from earlier hit home, maybe I am a man baby.

I realize there was need for action but I'm just surprised at how drastic it was. It's not like every country is going to handle it the same or can handle it the same. Just sucks that so many are getting screwed. Just wondering if it had to be that way.