View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #100
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I think that the thing that makes Canada better in this regard from the States is the average intelligence and educational background of police officers in Canada being higher than that of the states. This is all anecdotal so it isn't worth much, but I have found that the police in the States to be much less educated than the police in Canada. Not saying the all the police in Canada are great or even good, but I have noticed that they are in general less aggressive than police in the States.

I honestly believe that if you put someone into a position who has life experience, who has interacted with others outside of their social circle, and who has developed at least a modicum of critical thinking that they will be less likely to revert into a mode where everyone is seen as the enemy. That is essentially what Grossman seems to train to - is that everyone needs to be seen as a potential enemy and that if you let down your guard at any time, that is when you will be attacked and killed yourself, which is in itself incredulously dumb.
In Canada we only have one group of racially distinct citizens who have, for most of the countries history, been seen as an alien group that needed to be suppressed, obviously they are our indigenous population, and on the occasions our police act in a wholly inappropriate manner it still tends to be in areas and towards people they perceive as native, the main difference between the native experience in Canada and the Black experience in the states is that Canada never felt the same level of threat from natives as the States did and still does from their black population