View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #2378
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
They do. WatchOS 6 could not be initiated by a device below iOS 13. However not everyone who owns a Apple Watch has an Apple phone so Apple allows you to update a watch to watchOS independently and puts warnings on the update page letting you know what devices (and iOS that is required) it is compatible with.
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I highly doubt many Android users are using an Apple Watch.

Can you use an Apple Watch with an Android phone?

Quote:
So the short and simple answer is No, you cannot use an Apple Watch with Android Phones. The less simple answer is that you can sort-of, kind-of, get an Apple Watch to tersely exchange data with an Android phone. However, this is a severely limited setup and we can’t really recommend it.
Were you kind of suggesting my wife can't use her new Apple Watch with her iPhone 6 because Apple wanted to make the watch more accessible to Android smartphone users and her Apple phone was just collateral damage in some sort of altruistic software decision to open up their ecosystem to Google's customers? That's a stretch to say the least. They did this to get people to upgrade their phone. You can be okay with that, but don't pretend their motivation is anything other than the obvious.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote