View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #1121
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
That's really only for FPS though. Anything over 80 or so is barely noticeable in games like Witcher and even less so in sim games. For games where ambiance and atmosphere are the thing, you're inevitably going to think they look better in higher res and on a bigger display. Which is basically what that video showed - they only stopped noticing the difference and preferring the higher frame rate when they were playing Doom, and those are likely people who play more FPS and are just used to the higher refresh rate for competitive purposes.

White Out said he played Civ 6 and Cities Skylines. Those are basically the perfect example of games where your framerate stops mattering at a low count, and resolution makes a massive difference. If he said he plays a bunch of COD and Overwatch, I'd be right there with you saying "yeah, get a 27" 144hz screen".

And again, I almost always game in 1080p or 1440p 120hz depending on which screen I'm using so it's not like I'm hugely biased here.
Stop making this complicated!

I'll never be a high end gamer, I game casually. I think a 1440 27" is probably my sweet spot. I will be getting into flight sim and maybe some ea sports games again on my pc. I think weighing all options I like the 27" 1440 compromise. There's also the dollars I'd have to spend to get to the 4k 27 or larger screens
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote