View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 08:41 AM   #2259
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
What happened to it?
First one got WLOD, bricked completely. Nothing even happened, it just... stopped working one day. I still have it but it's a paperweight.

This one, I think, the issue is with the HDMI port or the chip that causes it to be able to send a signal to the TV. Again, not obvious what the problem was - it might have been a power issue as I lost power for a few minutes to my house recently, but on the other hand, it's plugged into a surge protector, so that doesn't make sense. This time it's not WLOD'd as far as I can tell, because I'm still able to get it to produce a green / orange light, the TV just has no signal. I suspect that it's possible to get it fixed, but as far as I'm aware, any shop that could fix it is currently shut down for COVID reasons.

I dunno, maybe if I sent both of them in to Sony they'd give me enough credit between the two of them for a new one, assuming they can refurbish the existing units somehow (although that's probably not worth their time at this point).
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote