View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 12:02 AM   #223
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Pushups and bodyweight squats all day. All the time.
Do you want to expand on it? Try the One Punch Man Workout.

https://squatwolf.com/blog/one-punch-man-workout/

- 100 push ups
- 100 sit ups
- 100 squats
- 10 KM run

Every day. Yeah, this workout is often mentioned as a gag, but it actually has a pretty high baseline. The average every man is probably going to think it's a difficult workout and many who are athletic are going to think it's too easy.

The closest I've ever gotten to achieving this before was a boot campand we did:

- 20/20/20/15/10/10/5 push ups and sit ups alternating
- 2.5 ish KM uphill, 2.5 ish KM downhill = 5 ish KM round trip x 2 = 10 KM (It was supposedly slightly less, so we would add a little bit by running an extra lap around the compound waiting for the stragglers to get back which would bring us to around 11 KM total).
- No squats, but we did 100 jumping jacks in the 20/20/20/15/10/10/5 set alternating sequence.

I did that 3 days in a row after 1 week building up to that level. I never did exceed that level afterwards, and what I did at that boot camp isn't even on the same level as the One Punch Man workout. If I could do the One Punch Man workout, I bet I'd be very happy with my strength and endurance.

That boot camp was over a decade ago at my absolute peak athletic levels and strengths. The body felt awesome back then and I always felt like I had strength to spare for whatever I needed to do. I honestly always liked this type of non gym workout because it always felt much more like functional strength. I could never really compete at the gym and some of my max weights and reps even at my peak were wimpy as hell. But ask me to carry, lift, push, pull etc. in normal every day conditions and I always felt great and felt like I was carrying my load more stable/faster/less breaks than others much beefier than I.

Currently, 20% of that workout split into equal sets would probably destroy me (bad back, neck and knees issues). I think I'll try 10% of that workout tonight with back and knee support and see where I am at tomorrow. I have a little guy at home, so being workout sore the next day isn't really an option for me. I wonder if I could bring myself up to around 50% in about a month...

I also really liked the results from yoga. I really should do basic vinyasa flows for 10-20 minutes a day just for the flexibility/balance alone.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: