View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #2738
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT77 View Post
He's been given chances to produce offensively with top 6 linemates over the years and he hasn't done so. Those who are still holding on to the false belief that he will breakout eventually, are simply dreaming at this point. He sucks, he's not what we hoped for, especially for a 4th overall pick. He's a bottom 6 guy for the rest of his career.

Regret it you say? Lol. Even IF he does somehow breakout on another team, then so be it. It isn't happening on the Flames and never will. Let him go, stop being selfish and holding on to him and holding out hope of him breaking out. Just let him go, it isn't happening here. Like I said, if it somehow magically happens on another team (which I completely doubt it will), then good for him, we move on and he moves on and finds potential (unlikely) success somewhere else.
I'm not saying Bennett has to being playing with top 6 players. Where did I say that?

I said Bennett should be playing with players that have at least the ability to do something offensively. There's a player on the third line that's capable of that. Why after Bennett has done a better job in filling in Ryan's role - than Ryan has since coming back - is there such apprehension to let Bennett play with Dube regularly after he finally had a stretch of games of producing points and making a positive impact? Why doesn't this team want to maximize the potential of the line combinations that can produce the most goals?

Who the #### is going to produce when Janko and Reider/Rinaldo are your linemates? I think even McDavid and Draisaitl will have quite some difficulties there. I mean sure, the 4th line isn't really viewed as the line that will get you a goal, but it's a waste to have a player like Bennett who has shown he can produce good chances based on corsi stats. I feel that they're really limiting the potential output from Bennett here as a result, while the player above him in the depth chart isn't bringing in results that would justify keeping Bennett down on the 4th.

Last edited by Joborule; 03-08-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post: