View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #2061
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Uninsured/poor Americans: "I can't afford health care and I'm dying. Can you please make it accessible?"

Centrists: "Whoah! A little radical, don't you think? What about all those people who like their current insurance? Did you ever think of that? Selfish."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I think you mean pay for it, not make it accessible.
We are already paying for it.

When someone gets a little sick and ignores it, we pay for it when they infect others. It affects productivity, it affects school attendance, it affects work attendance. When those people who were a little bit sick get worse and become very sick, they go to the ER. They can't afford it. We still pay for it. Even if you have insurance you like--you know those high premiums for a plan you may never need to take advantage of? Those premiums are paying for the people who do need to take advantage of their healthcare plan.

We all pay for each other's healthcare in one way or another. It's all interconnected.

If we get some semblance of a functional healthcare system in this country, we would all at least be paying a little bit less toward it.
wittynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wittynickname For This Useful Post: