Thread: Raptors at .500
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Raptors at .500

I'm really enjoying watching this team this year. It's frustrating as hell when they play poorly against bad teams, or play great against great teams but can't quite close the deal, but at the same time, they've exceeded my expectations. Hell, there were some sports writers who predicted that Toronto wouldn't get to 22 wins this season, let alone at the half-way mark.

But the thing I really like about this team is the attitude of the guys: nobody has a big ego, most of the guys are hard working, and it's generally a team-first atmosphere. If these guys were hockey players, they'd be exactly the type of team that Canadians love (and the exact opposite of what many Canadians think of when they think of basketball players). When Ford returned to the lineup last night, he suggested to Mitchell that Calderon should start the game since he had played so well of late - that's a great indication of the attitude on the team.

Anyway, here's hoping that they finish first in the atlantic (and last amongst all playoff teams so that they can retain their draft pick this year); with the way the east is, any team that makes the playoffs can put together a decent run, and the way the raps play on home-court, a home-court advantage in the first round would be huge.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote