View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #1508
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I was talking about openly saying that studios should stop making X genre movies because of Y and Z, when Y and Z really aren't the issue. The issue, to me, is that they simply don't like that genre for their own reasons, not because it is, for instance, leading to the downfall of cinema. I don't see evidence of that when it comes to superhero movies.

Although I am in the camp wanting to see something less traditional and cookie cutter from these films, such as what Joker offered.

I'll try to parse it down again.

You can like, love, dislike, and/or hate any piece of art and feel free to express that opinion, in this thread or anywhere for that matter (but you certainly don't require my permission for that, of course).

What I don't think is necessary - for example - is calling someone a dope or moron because they disagree. I don't understand how that's constructive in your film recommendations, other than validating your self-superiority and insulting people over something that is, by nature, subjective.

It's an odd way to get people to respect an opinion. In fact, I've found it's had the opposite affect, even though I am personally entirely indifferent to that franchise.
lol at the bolded.

If I had to listen to you cackle at horrible jokes and clap at bad car chases, you can rest assured I'll come on the Internet to complain about you when the movie is over. I'm not calling someone a dope or a moron because they disagree. I'm calling someone a dope and a moron because I think that's what they are and I want to call them out for it. If you don't like using insulting language, then don't. Personally, I find people that are "too nice" to be bland and boring.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: