View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #1506
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
And here's really the root of what bothers me most on this topic. "I hate it and if you don't you're a dope and a moron". You're entitled to like or not like something, but I don't think this expression is necessary. It's just stomping on another person's joy through a veil of superiority.

To me it really has nothing to do with affect on cinema or the downfall of media consumption. It's simply "I don't like it and its existence irritates me". That argument is valid, and if it was expressed honestly I don't think it would bug me so much, aside from its redundancy.
What do you mean by "That argument is valid, and if it was expressed honestly I don't think it would bug me..."? Do you think I exaggerated that opinion? I honestly believe people who Like Bad Boys for Life are dopes of the highest order. Nobody I know and respect would like that movie.

What is this thread for, in your opinion? I mean, it kind of says it right there in the title: Recommend (or don't) a movie thread. I'm advising people to avoid this movie because it's awful. If you are a dope or a moron, however, maybe you'll love it. IDK

Judging movies is part of going to a movie FFS. Like, I don't think I've ever been to a movie with someone where we didn't talk about whether or not we liked it when we left. If we didn't like it, we'll discuss why. Bad Boys for Life was so bad that I came out with a very strong opinion of the movie and a very strong opinion about the type of person that would enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
It was just an added note. The main point was that you could go to the theatre every weekend and not see a superhero movie. You'd probably see a dud or two, a genre that wasn't you're favourite but they're easy to avoid.

You went to see to see the third movie of a franchise staring two actors you hate. You're a glutton for punishment!
I like hitting a movie every week and have seen everything else. Believe me, this was at the bottom of my list. I was hoping it would entertain me, but it was so bad it took me out of the experience. I can enjoy most movies because I just find the time in the theater so chill. This one, however, had me squirming at its awfulness.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote