View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #116
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah there are plenty of albums that don't resonate with me on first or second listening but eventually it clicks and I love them. It just didn't happen for this album. I'm not one of those people that will say something sucks because I don't like it as with music it's a personal thing and as a person that wore out Aenima I have come to the realization that I'm just not a fan of their current direction that consist almost solely of slow-tempo, long drawn out tracks.

I agree with this. My top Tool is Undertow/Aenima, Maynard is in peak form on those albums and almost every track hits hard and is uniquely memorable. I still really like Lateralus and 10,000 Days too, though I have to be in a different mood for them. With Fear Inoculum though every meaningful track is over 10 minutes, and there's so much meandering in them it's hard to stay engaged. If they had split some of them up in a Parabol/Parabola way I think that would have helped, but they seem intent on making every new song they write a marathon
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: