View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #70
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
Watching the Flames this year is like the game of thrones. As soon as you start thinking they’ve righted the ship, a dragon shows up and burns the entire fleet. At least that’s my take on things. Not sure how much of the Chicago game was missing 2 of their best defenders, and how much was relaxing after a big win.

At this point I don’t know who to blame for the consistency of the team. The players? The coach? The system? The GM for the wrong mix of players?
That would imply the Flames were doing things right but just vested by something better, which isn’t the case. The Flames are the Starks who made stupid mistake after stupid mistake costing them everything.

It’s getting really hard to defend Treliving with his lack of activity. I get the trades falling through but this coach thing is ridiculous. It’s like he was gifted a redo with the Peters thing and he’s just sat on his hands the whole time. He made the proper assessment two Summers age that this team is too immature and needs a hard ass coach and a leader, nothing has changed. You lost your leader and hard ass coach and you’ve been running with a coach who lets the players run the asylum.

Sure things have changed and you can’t be as “hard” as you use to be but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a “hard” coach.

Hire Darryl or Laviolette already. If you say Laviolette doesn’t want the job, well I’m sure Darryl does. There’s a reason why Darryl took a consultant position with the Ducks so he stay close to the game and step in to the right situation. THIS IS the right situation. I’m sure Edwards is asking Tre everyday why the hell he hasn’t hired Darryl yet.

Last edited by 868904; 02-16-2020 at 10:36 AM.
868904 is offline   Reply With Quote