View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 10:16 AM   #2339
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Last summer I upgraded from an 8 to an XR. There is a significant difference in performance, and having the bigger screen helps. The other thing is that more and more apps are using Face ID. For example my garage door opener. I swapped cars with a buddy for the day so had to use my app to open and close my door. With the Face ID it made it almost as easy as using a traditional opener.

Seeing as you have a 15GB plan, I assume you use your phone quite a bit. I would spend the extra $240 on a better device that you use all day- every day. There is also a much better chance that you will get more years out of the XR; seeing as you aren't a switch phone often kind of person.
To be honest, I usually only use about 5 or 6 gigs and that includes streaming music and podcasts (why download on wifi when you have that much data?!). It was just cheaper than my old 6 gig plan so I pounced on it.

But you're quite right - I do use my phone a fair bit. Not for anything fancy or intensive, but for a wide variety of things. As many of us over the years, my phone has replaced my camera, GPS unit, iPod, satellite radio, etc. So while I wouldn't call myself a power user, I have rolled many separate devices and processes into one. Not to mention the "new" ways of consuming home entertainment, reading articles, etc.

One thing that I find particularly compelling is the dual sim capability of the iPhone XR. Apparently one is nano and the other esim (which I am not familiar with), but from what I can gather, I can pop a travel sim in there and not have to carry a second device and/or fiddle with forwarding and that sort of thing.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote