View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #48
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
It didn't happen though, nobody else saw it. So ya, kind of destroyed his case. Not only that but everybody videos their kids on their phones for anything nowadays, I know I do. So he didn't? Seems weird.
That's pretty much the exact argument the dad has though. "Every else had cameras but not this one specific area where it happened."

The guy asked for video, asked for witnesses, clearly indicating as much as possible to help get witnesses. I mean if fans #83 and #84 came in and said, "Yeah, we were there. Nothing happened except your kid slapping Gritty around." Then there goes that, but he still went looking for them.

I see it akin to a traffic accident where the person who's looking for cameras, asking for witnesses, and going to the police, probably thinks they were in the right. But instead of damage to a car, you got a 13 year old boy who was probably trying to get a day off school cause "his back was sore."

Also, yeah, I obviously don't believe that Gritty went full on Ivan Drogo vs Apollo Creed on the kid. But it is Philly.

If the guy is making it entirely up, then I hope the police charge him for falsifying a police report. But based on actions (in this thread), I think he thinks it happened. But probably closer to Gritty being Gritty and taking a little shot at a 13 year old who was annoying him because that's pretty much Gritty's schtick. If anything, I'm shocked that no one came forward and said they saw Gritty 'hit' a fan because he probably did it about 1000 times that day, or headlocked them and gave them a noogy, or any other jokingly physical assault that the fans would have loved and asked for.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 01-23-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote