View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #55
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
while being a racist piece of #### just makes you a racist piece of ####.
The problem is we are using that label "racist" way to liberally. I have no idea what he said, or do I really care - the problem is, all this "trash talking" that's going on in the game, and that we (may) consider good... obviously there are many lines that people are getting close to and dare I say - passing. A line that wasn't passed today, could be considered passed in the future... and can even be judged in the future... so I don't judge others. Also.... if someone calls me a name during a game, I suck it up, I don't report it to the officials (of any sort).

If I think about what I said to other players when I was younger.... those same comments today would be consider improper and I have no bad feelings one way or another about any of those groups that may be offended (today)... just and example.... "you play like a girl".... and I respect women in all aspects of my life... back then and today. Just like if a guy said something about my belief, background, racial makeup, etc. - BIG DEAL.... I'm a big boy (is that bad to say) and I just choose NOT to be a VICTIM and let that just slide off my back.... I'd even have a drink with the individual after the game... and have.

So.... I have no idea if Manning just said something in the heat of the moment and his trash talking just went too far, and he really doesn't believe it... or if he really believes it, has a history of thinking that way and acts on it - aka: a racist. We all live in glasses houses... so don't throw stones.
JackIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote