View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #49
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I always have this sense with the flames and picked up on it again in the article - though might be off base - that the senior leadership micromanages everything even when it is well outside their realm of expertise.

To me a good leader trusts their experts on a subject to manage the process and bring 2 or 3 finished solutions to mgmt with what they see as pros and cons and the senior leaders choose. You dont have a vp of hockey ops telling your design and marketing people that they want extra piping added during the design process and expect anything less than a Frankenstein.

Like I said maybe off base/unfair but perception for me stems from the rumors years ago that Ken King was trying to get involved on/influence hockey trades.

And there is no way those flags are still on the jerseys for any other reason than someone senior loves them... everybody seems to hate them.

As for blasty, I could take him or leave him. Have a blasty jersey or two but it was never my favourite. I'd like to see the retros full time and a brand new third
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post: