View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #201
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I think it is the right decision, to be honest. Why would a Canadian broadcaster pay big bucks for the rights if they can't have exclusivity to run their own ads to make good on that investment? And why would the NFL allow the value of their product to be watered down like that?

I can't imagine another broadcaster from any other country in the world buying the rights for something and then being told that a foreign feed with different, unpaid ads would be running against it in the same market. It just wouldn't fly.
Perhaps, but how is a Canadian broadcaster going to re-coup "big bucks" on crappy cross-promotions of "This is Us"? What do they pay exactly?
Why do other US broadcasts just show the regular US (local Seattle or Spokane) commercials? I don't really get it.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is online now   Reply With Quote