View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #40
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
This game frightens me. Avs are really good, and I'm guessing they'll likely win the west this year.

Flames need to bring their A game right out of the gate and put in a full 60 minutes if they want a chance in this one. Can't afford to spot these guys an early lead. And even if that does happen, they need to push right back and make a game of it. Just please don't let it snowball like they usually do against the Avs.
The Flames have not yet beaten them this year, but they have played pretty well against Colorado in their last two games. They kept pace with them in the season opener, and lost a one-goal game on the road in one of the NHL's toughest buildings that was sealed with an ENG. They lost another close one-goal game at the Saddledome in which Colorado scored the first two goals.

Getting a win tonight would definitely go a long way to pulling the Flames back to the level they need to be playing, and I tend to think there is some reason for a little optimism going into the game: the Flames have been competitive in their previous two while amid stretches of considerable difficulty. Now that they are playing some of their best hockey of the season, it seems like a good bet they can win this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote