View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #63
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
That is true, but I feel most people want to trade Johnny out of anger for the team's lack of success thus far. Bring up this topic 2 months ago and you'd get run off the forum.

Now our star player is in the midst of a slump, and the go-to action is trade him. Typical Canadian hockey fan response. What if the new guy he's traded for sucks worse? With Gaudreau we know what we are getting and have witnessed him reach tiers very few other Flames' players ever have, and he's done so consistently. For less then $7million.

I am against trading Gaudreau until at the very earliest during the off-season after he has demonstrated he's either completely checked out from the team, or demands a trade. And even then it would have to be a king's ransom that no GM could possibly resist. But in the midst of a losing streak where the entire team is sucking? We've all witnessed at Flames' fans what happens during panic trades. Let's not repeat that again.
I don't think it's just lack of success. Visually, he just hasn't been making an impact. Mostly I think that's about checking.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote