View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #2607
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovaz View Post
What makes him not good enough? Bingo's been trying to argue that he's been plenty good enough as a 3rd liner.
Ya, I'm not at all convinced by bingos argument last year that he's a top end 3rd liner, or this year's argument that he's an adequate 3rd liner.

Quote:
He's got positive possession numbers, we're outscoring the opposition 8-4 with him on the ice, and even if you assume every penalty he's taken is directly his fault - 10 minor penalties is worth 2 goals against so he's still at a +2. So even if he's not improving, he's a perfectly adequate third liner.
unfortunately the flames don't have a shortage of bottom 6 players, but they do have a shortage of top 6 players. So how do you get a top 6 player? I'm suggesting you move one of more of your most valuable bottom 6 players which is where I categorize Bennett.

When I first started this thread, I was questioning whether you could've gotten a top line player for Bennett at one point, and did the flames miss the boat on that. Now almost 2 years later than argument is basically over, and the answer to that is yes, the flames did hold on too long and can no longer get a top player for Bennett in the way that other teams got top players for their marginal former high draft picks.

Quote:
Obviously if some other team wants to give up more than he's worth he should be available. But that's true of every guy on the roster. Why focus on Bennett specifically?
I'm glad you agree because I feel this way about basically every player.

The focus on Bennett of course is because this is the Bennett thread to discuss his trade value, as bingo himself has bumped from time to time for Bennett related stats and opinions, and because he is having yet another lacklustre start compared other contributors.

There's also a janko thread on the first page discussing his lacklustre start, there are threads for hanifin, tkachuk and lucic on page 2 etc etc.

Why shouldn't I focus on Bennett in the Bennett thread? He's one of my favourite players.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote