View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #88
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
But you're missing the mark on team delusion completely.

I don't think anyone thinks Milan Lucic is worth his contract, or that he should have been targeted as an off season trade target. He's the same player he was in Edmonton, and a hilarious one at that because they traded Hall and gave him a huge contract.

None of that changed.

But then Calgary went and signed Neal and with that got themselves their very own boat anchor, and a boat anchor that didn't want to be here from the looks of it, adding to the weight of said anchor.

So the Flames moved Chernobyl for Three Mile Island, and so far it looks like the recovery effort of the Three Mile project will kill less citizens and for that they're happy.

This isn't a "wow is Lucic ever good!" view at all. It's an at least this guy is a better fit than Neal, or at least this guy gives a crap response that I see as valid and not the least bit delusional.

I think that's fair. Only problem is from the beginning Neal had higher upside and Lucic was going to be the same/decline. So the boat anchor exchange is correct, but we were selling Neal at his lowest, when if we really wanted Neal could've started the season to work things out, and if it didn't work out the deal for Lucic could always be had because he wasn't going anywhere anytime.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote