View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #2770
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

As one of the most vocal critics of pricing, I feel obligated to chime in. This is a reasonable correction and is much more in line with the market, the level of play, other clubs in the league, etc. This will do a lot to fix the main issue that has been plaguing attendance: middle sections sitting empty at 80, 90, 100 while the ends, corners, etc. were nicely filled.

The net benefit will be more people in the stands, and once you factor in concessions and merch, they'll be be coming out way ahead even after cutting prices.

I can understand the criticism of increasing prices in the 200s, but still think that the increased price is still very low and provides tremendous value. If anything, those tickets were (and I can't believe I am saying it), a little underpriced. Like Sherm says, if it was year after year, there would be reason to be upset. But they brought the top down a lot, and the bottom up a little, and I think it strikes a reasonable balance.

I don't see any prices that are laughably out of touch, which is a stark contrast from what I saw when the inaugural season prices were announced.

Full credit to the club for recognizing their blunder and fixing it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post: