View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #3050
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
His hot start makes us look bad. However, he was a lazy, pouty hockey player. He played uninspired hockey all year with some bad luck as well. The James Neal we are seeing is the guy who got humbled and a kick in the ass. ood for him

But lets not forget, hes playing with Mcdavid and Drais. Alex Chaisson scored 22 last year. Drais had 50

Lucic has been better than I expected, just ask the guys what they all think. We lacked truculence and it hurts us at times. 2 fights, one sparked a comeback. The other beat up a dirty player who took liberties on guys in the playoffs last year. At some point we need some goals from him however he fits a bottm 6 role. Is younger and cheaper. Neal wont sustain this pace.
Lucic also has had a couple big hits too. I think it was Klingberg he got with one last night. I also feel Tkachuk is hitting more. I think having Lucic there is part of it. Hoping Bennett starts to hand out a few soon.

Even if Neal has a good year and even if you consider maybe if he played on first line here and we moved lindholm to 2nd line or center and he had good year here too hes 32. Oilers fans and media can get all excited for neal all they want and 4 and 0 is great but who else has stepped up? Puljujarvi? Yamamoto? Benson? Bouchard? Klefbom? Larson? Maybe Nurse has but he is an expensive rfa this summer so I'm ok with that. If the only new bright spot on your team is a 32 year old who got a few tip goals and a couple gift goals from NYI goalies it's only a matter of time they slow down.

If Mangipane can take that 2nd line role I'll take the 22 year old over 32 year old anyday. If rasmus can take top pairing spot I'll take that too or Rittich playing like top 10 nhl goalie. Yep I'll take all that over James Neal playing well
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macho0978 For This Useful Post: