View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 07:07 PM   #2642
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Cavalry have done decent at the gate.

And, as was debated early in the year, I think they have the pricing mostly right. I say this because I really don't think that they'd get 20% more people out if tickets were 20% cheaper to equal the overall revenue generated.

Days like tomorrow, days like the second and third home games of the year. Any midweek game for that matter that wasn't the CC. And, as the top team in the league. There hasn't really been a bandwagon effect, aside firm the Cc games, where attendance has significantly grown as the season has gone on even with being the top team.
It's been around the same die hards or semi diehards that make most the games, and the price is not as much of a factor to those people.

And given the other barriers such as the location etc, there are lots of reasons, before price, that people don't attend, but I think price is done the list. It's proven to be a good atmosphere, good grounds and setting outside of some early hiccups. Decent weather too, but again, nice weather days didn't have a huge pop like you'd think of it was casual people coming out.

It will be troubling to see other teams, all of which had cheaper seats but some with poorer attendance, and how they manage through next season. Raising prices there next year will be disastrous, where Cavalry can come down if need be. Halifax and Victoria are only teams that don't have CFL teams from the group.